A 23-year-old female asked:

Can you get an enlarged sweat gland in the armpit? feels like a lump under the surface of the skin. how long should it stay there?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Louis Krenn
Family Medicine 22 years experience
Yes but...: This could be plugged hair follicle, but this usually presents as a painful bump on the surface of the skin, although it can sometimes feel like it is under the skin. This could also be an enlarged lymph node. Your doctor should be able to examine you and explain if this is anything to be concerned about.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 13, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.