does trazodone take awhile to start working as a sleeping med. i have taken it for 3 nights 50mg and i have barely slept. also citalopram 20mg?

Dr. Donald Jacobson
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Trazoodone: Works right away, but the dose needs to be adjusted into the dosage range that is correct for you. When i prescribe trazodone i give a specific range for the patient to take. I can never predict whether they will respond in the low medium or high dose. By giving them the range where they take enough so that they're sleeping but not so much that they are feeling hung over, i generally get good results. Please contact your prescribing physician and discuss the dose that may be more beneficial for you.
Answered on May 15, 2015
1