Ypsilanti, MI

last dec. i felt a vibrating in my chest & was put on ativan (lorazepam) for anxiety. now it's in my head, is still constant/intense with citalopram (& trazodone to sleep). also a bit dizzy. what could this be?

Dr. Brian Broker
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 30 years experience
Different directions: There are many different possible causes of the sensation that you feel, from infections to anxiety and many in between. I assume your physician performed an exam and several tests before giving you ativan (lorazepam). However, since the sensation has moved to another area i would suggest an exam by an ENT physician. Perhaps a fresh perspective will provide answers.
Dr. Mohammed Younus
Ask the doc: Since you are being treated for what appears to be anxiety/mood disorder these are good questions to be asked to your psychiatrist.

Last updated Feb 20, 2015