U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 26-year-old female asked:

I have a swollen, painful, tender bump about the size of a nickel in the crease of my inner leg/groin area. should i see a doctor about it?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Surgery 41 years experience
Yes: Does not sound like an emergency, but a noticeable and uncomfortable change in yourself should be examined with your doctor. This could be an inflamed lymph node that may resolve in a few weeks or could be something else like a hernia. Concerning changes should be evaluated by your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 21, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.