can panic attack or hyperventilation cause my vision to start flashing?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Alan Mindlin
49 years experience Ophthalmology
Yes: Absolutely.
Answered on Nov 24, 2013
Dr. Donald Jacobson
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Panic not a cause: Scintillating scotomas are most commonly caused by cortical spreading depression, a pattern of changes in the behavior of nerves in the brain during a migraine. Panic is not on the list of causes on any source i found. The first sentence is from the wikipedia article on scintillating scotomata. Best wishes to you. It is possible to have the cephalgias migraine which is painless migraine. I would recommend you consult with your ophthalmologist regarding this.
Answered on Dec 9, 2013