i have white spots on the back of my teeth. what can i do to get rid of this?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Determine Cause: Are the white spots an intrinsic color of the enamel demineralized enamel, or calculus? Until we know what caused them, it is hard to advise you if they can easily be removed. A local dentist, however, can examine the teeth and let you know what treatment can be rendered. I doubt there is anything you personally can do to eradicate them.
Dr. David Mjos
Dentistry 44 years experience
See a dentist: White spots can be several things. It could be intrinsic (ie born that way) or it could be early signs of decay. (ie decalcifiction) decalalcification does not need tx unless it penetrates into the dentin. You can try a Fluoride rich mouth rinse such as act. If it is intrinsic, you can bleach the teeth so the white spots are not as noticeable. See your dentist.

Last updated Jun 25, 2014