U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old member asked:

I have chest keloid. i injected steroid shot three times with limited results. any ideas?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gary Tuma
Facial Plastic Surgery 26 years experience
Refractory Keloid: You can excise the keloid then radiate the area. You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon and radiation oncologist. There are associated risks but it decreases the rate of recurrence.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 13, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.