Spring, TX

I had a tooth extraction 12 days ago. today i noticed my gums are detached & flappy on both sides of the extraction site. should i be worried?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Maybe not worried: But certainly it would not hurt to have the surgeon take a look at it. Could be normal healing which just appears different to you. Give their office a call.
Dr. Gary Carlsen
undefined 50 years experience
Yes. Revisit DDS: Initial healing should only take 4 to 5 days. The tissue should be "tighter' within 10 days. You should re-visit your treating dentist to have it re-checked.
Dr. Travis Titlow
undefined 40 years experience
Probably no concern: In the absence of pain or tenderness there is probably no concern. Healing from extractions starts in the bottom of the socket and works up to the top. The "flaps" are probably just unsupported tissue that will attach when the healing works up to the top of the socket.

Last updated May 14, 2018