how to get rid of sinus pressure in head and neck?

Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 20 years experience
Decongestants: If what you are describing is sinus related then a decongestant like sudafed may help. If it continues, I would be seen as it could be other things
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
Sinus pressure: Sinus pressure would be in your face, cheeks, behind your eyes or in your fore head. It would not be in your neck. If you have sinus pressure, then it will respond to decongestants and possibly antihistamines if the obstruction is due to allergic inflammation. If there is an infection, you may need antibiotics. If OTC treatments don't relieve your pressure, please consult an ENT.
Dr. Mitchell Cohn
Pain Management 35 years experience
Also, osteopathic manipulation of the cranial bones may open the ostea (sinus drainage holes) which will allow thinner fluids to drain, relieving pressure.It's not terribly effective for thick sinus fluids, though, and not at all if the 'congestion' is actually due entirely to swollen mucus membranes in the sinuses.
Nov 27, 2014