How long is the recovery time for cataract surgery on one eye?

Dr. Rebecca Dale
Ophthalmology 23 years experience
Depends, often 1 wk: Presuming that cataract surgery is uncomplicated, i ask my patients to avoid submerging the eye in water (no pools, hot tubs, etc.) and to avoid strenuous activity for one week and avoid eye rubbing for 2-3 weeks. Many patients have fairly good vision within the first few days after cataract surgery, although blur can persist for weeks if there is significant corneal swelling or other issues.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jay Bradley
Cornea, Cataract, & Refractive (LASIK & PRK) Surgery 20 years experience
Recovery time: Recovery time after cataract surgery depends on procedure performed. If modern surgery is performed successfully, you should significant improvement in vision in 1-2 days and completely healed by 1-2 weeks. Most surgeon wait until 1 month postoperatively for new glasses check since the prescription can fluctuate some early on.