hi i am 16 years old and i am married for a year i have been trying to conceive for 8 months now and still not pregnant i get my period every month.

Dr. Randy Baker
39 years experience Holistic Medicine
No need to worry: It takes an average of 6 months to conceive which means about half of women take more than 6 months.It's not considered a concern unless you try for a year without success.If in a year you're not pregnant then your husband should have his sperm count checked. If that's ok i advise you be evaluated for hypothyroidism first ; of course see a gynecologist too. I think 16 is a bit young to be a mom.
Answered on Jul 17, 2014
1
1
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker commented
39 years experience Holistic Medicine
Provided original answer
I don't know any 16 year old who is emotionally mature enough to be a mom. Being a parent is a wonderful experience but can be extremely demanding and challenging. What's your hurry? I advise waiting until at least your early 20's to become a parent as being a parent is a full-time job. Now is time for you to learn and grow and gain the life experiences that will allow you to be a better parent.
Nov 4, 2013