U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old female asked:

Im 31 years old now and been married for almost a year and we keep on trying to get pregnant. can you tell me what diet or vitamins do i need to take in order for me to concieve a child. thanks.

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Hard to say: Most providers suggest an average of 6 months effort to establish a pregnancy with a wide range. This applies in cases where fertility is not an issue. After a year of effort without success, a work-up of both partners would be reasonable to identify any problems.Simple changes in diet or vitamin use is unlikely to matter.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jessica Allan
Dr. Jessica Allananswered
Internal Medicine 25 years experience
Go to ReproEndo: A reproductive endocrinologist can evaluate you and your husband/partner and run tests to see what could be the cause of infertility. Ask your GYN for some recommendations in your area. Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 26, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.