Fishkill, NY

Take paxil (paroxetine) & zyprexa combo for mdd. (stil depressed) was put on adderall for my add now as well. am i at risk for serotonin syndrome? is it common?

Dr. Donald Jacobson
41 years experience
Risk is very slight: To put this in perspective for you, I have been practicing psychiatry about 30 years now and I have only seen two cases of serotonin syndrome. Your risk is higher given the combination of medications that you are on put your overall risk is very low. I recommend that you read the entire article that is in the link below. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/pmh0004531 best wishes and i really wouldn't lose any sleep worrying about this.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 2, 2013