Rocklin, CA
A 62-year-old male asked about a male:

99 year old has stage 0 melanoma on head. suffering from extreme anxiety over upcoming mohs surgery. consequences of not doing surgery?

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
family discussion: Mohs proceedure is usually an outpatient proccedure where the doctor continues to cut out surrounding cells around a cancer until clear margins are encountered. Recovery depends on the extent of tissues removed and patient factors .Family can weigh the benefit.
Pathology 44 years experience
Best answer: Moh's surgery is a walk in the park, even easier with a little premedication, but the best way to encourage compliance is to point out how horrible the melanoma is going to look in a few months if it's neglected. Click http://www.Tti.Library.Tcu.Edu.Tw/dermatology/mm/img0027.Jpg.
Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj
Facial Plastic Surgery 30 years experience
Melanoma: Melanoma is a very aggressive form of skin cancer. Not removing it can cause metastasis and a painful death. The procedure is typically done under local anasthesia which reduces your risk.