San Jose, CA

i have melanoma in situ and am having surgery. what are the chances of it coming back after ten years? if i have skin checks every six months would it come back as another small melonoma or would it come back in lymph nodes, lungs, etc.?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Melanoma in situ: This stage 0 melanoma is considered a precancerous lesion by some and when totally removed very rarely recurs and doesn't spread. Continue yearly skin checks, observe your skin for any different looking or changing lesion, protect from sun but take vitamin D supplement. Other stage but removed melanomas can show up many years later in sites like the same site, the lymph nodes or distant sites