U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old male asked about a 18-year-old female:

I have cough since 2 months i have consulted two doctor & i used medicines, syrups all but even though coughing.. plz help me how to get rid of these?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Marsha Davis
Internal Medicine 29 years experience
It is possible: That you have something called cough equivalent asthma where all you do is cough and not wheeze. Maybe you need a trial of medication for this condition to see if the cough will stop as cough medication does not stop in this type of asthma. You might bring it up to your doctor. Best of luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 27, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.