Lebanon

my doc gave me humira (adalimumab) to take it 2 time a month for one year plus to continue taking methotrexate every week. what are the potential risks of that?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Rheumatology 52 years experience
see details: The major risk is infection. Other risks are reduced blood counts, liver inflammation, hair lose (methotrexate), and increased risk of lymphoma. There are other issues as well but the benefits of these meds in preventing joint damage is far greater than the risks of side effects. Btw, it is surprising that your doctor did not explain all of this to you when the meds were first prescribed.

Last updated Oct 19, 2013