I have had some blood in my stool. i had a tooth pulled and it did bleed a lot. im thinking it is from that. its not a lot. should i be concerned?

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Specializes in Family Medicine
Not likely: Blood from your tooth would be digested and come out black instead of red. If you are having blood in the stool, you should see your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Vijay Laxmi Misra
Likely not: The color of blood is usually rather dark if it is coming from tooth site.
Dr. Alan Zweig
Prosthodontics 47 years experience
Yes: If you still have blood in your stool in 12 -24 hours you should contact your md as it is not related to the tooth extraction.
Last updated Jan 26, 2021