How to get tartar off?

Dr. Gary Moore
Dentistry 36 years experience
Almost impossible.: Tartar buildup needs to be professionally removed, otherwise you can do damage to your natural tooth if you use the wrong or over the counter dental instruments. Tartar is a very hard substance and does not remove easily, otherwise you floss and toothbrush would remove it.
Dr. Emile Waked
Dentistry 25 years experience
Scaling: Tartar and plaque are present in most adult oral cavities. Tartar needs to be removed or will cause cavity or gum disease. Scaling and polishing teeth is done usually every 6 months part of the prophylaxis appointment with the hygienist. In some cases either the frequency is increased or there is need for deep scaling depending on the severity of the condition.
Dr. Anna Guarna
Dentistry 36 years experience
See your dentist: The most effective (and safest) way to remove tartar is by having a dental cleaning (prophylaxis).