What is the best way to get rid of tartar on the teeth?

Dr. Idelle Brand
Dentistry 40 years experience
Dental cleaning: Once the tartar forms it is difficult to remove it yourself. Best to see your regular dentist for a cleaning. Try to prevent its accumulation by flossing and brushing regularly.
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dentistry 15 years experience
Teeth: Once tartar is on the teeth it must be scraped away by a dentist or hygienist. There will always be some that will build up and that is why you will always need regular cleanings. However, if you effectively brush and floss your teeth daily then you can prevent a lot of tartar build up. Your dentist and staff should teach you the best techniques for brushing and flossing.