U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old member asked:

i recently had a myomectomy but my fibroids are still bothering me - can i get this treatment?

3 doctor answers14 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine 19 years experience
Yes: There are different types of myomectomies with different surgical approaches. The best treatment depends on the size and location of fibroids and your symptoms. Repeated surgeries are very common but should be carefully considered.
Dr. John Lipman
Radiology 36 years experience
Need better option: You could repeat myomectomy but this would not be the best option. The fact that it failed so soon after the surgery suggests that there are a lot more fibroids in the uterus then could be removed. Uterine fibroid embolization (ufe) is a non-surgical procedure performed by interventional radiologists that treats all of the fibroids in the uterus (much less likey to recur than myomectomy).
Dr. Denise Elser
Specializes in Gynecology
Depends on goals: If you want to preserve ability to have children: then myomectomy or temporary control of fibroid growth with hormonal contraceptives is a possibility. If you definitely do not have plans for future childbearing, then: uterine fibroid embolization, or hysterectomy are viable treatments. Hysterectomy usually can be performed vaginally or laparoscopically.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A 19-year-old female asked:

If I shared food with someone who had mono when they were 2, will I get mono?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Crespin
Gastroenterology 28 years experience
Unlikely: While one has antibodies for life after being exposed to the virus that causes mono. The virus should no longer be causing a problem.
A 50-year-old female asked:

I've had a fever for 60days. 100-101 can't find a reason for it, it followed a endo ablation and a shot of depo. I'm tired and short/breath BP rising ?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Weeks
Family Medicine 45 years experience
Get tested: There are many possible causes of unexplained fever ranging from infection, autoimmune diseases, even certain cancers. Please get tested by a doctor soon.
Saint Cloud, FL
A 30-year-old male asked:

Can when I was 16 I was prescribed a barbiturate for sleeping from my dr while I was taking it I had 2 seizures is this possible ?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 33 years experience
It's possible but...: Realize that a person can have a seizure for many reasons. Having a seizure does not have to be related to his medication, his diet, his activities, etc...
A 42-year-old female asked:

My son had small bumps in his face-chicken bumps as they call.Is there any cream to apply to treat it.?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Specializes in Pediatrics
More info: "chicken bumps" are more commonly seen on the arms and legs and do well with cod liver oil (orally). On the face...Depends on the age. If a newborn is one thing. Older children i would want to see the rash before offering suggestions. In general there is a great cream..Called schmoove. Can be ordered from maker. Check it out at www.Franzcenter.Com under herbaceuticals.
A 44-year-old female asked:

I had an ultra sound done and the resukts says I have a nodule on the right lobe measuring 2.2x0.76x0.99cm and on the left lobe I have subcentimeter nodule with associated calcification that measures 0.48x0.22x0.44cm. My lab tests came out within normal r

3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Internal Medicine 35 years experience
LUNG? LIVER?: Whereabouts are these nodules?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Jan 5, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.