U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old female asked:

I have a tooth that decayed, the front potion is up to the gum, but the back potion is still intact. would it be able to be extracted by the dentist?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ted Saha
Dr. Ted Sahaanswered
Pediatrics 44 years experience
Decayed teeth.: Yes, your dentist will be able to extract the bad tooth.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Perhaps: Depending on access and the amount of decay, your general dentist should be able to help you. Depending on degree of difficulty, dentist may opt to refer you to oral surgeon. Don't forget to talk to your dentist about replacing the tooth before that in and of itself becomes a problem.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 12, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.