have just been diagnosed with pcos, and my gp has suggested that i have the coil, is there any other treatment for it?

Dr. Chevies Newman
21 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
I would suggest: A birth control pill. The coil, if it has hormones, will likely help bleeding but irregualr ovulation, responsible for testosterone and abnomral hair growth, will not be improved. The pill will trick the brain into not stimulating the ovaries giveing better relief. Another thing to look into is high Insulin levels, look into metformin if yours is high, if trouble losing weight it may help. Gd luc.
Answered on Jun 25, 2014
1