what are the bumps on the back of your throat?

Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 29 years experience
Throat bumps: Hello, the bumps you are noticing on the back of your throat are called lymph tissue. They are tonsil-like islands of tissue that are normal. They may be red and inflamed with infection or allergy post nasal drainage. It's always a good idea to confirm this with your doctor. Good luck.
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Cosmetic Dentistry 33 years experience
Probably nothing.: I can't see the bumps you have, but the back of the throat normally is "bumpy". If there is pain associated with these bumps, or you are nervous about them, go see a physician or dentist and find out for sure!
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 37 years experience
Everyone has bumps: Everyone in the world has "bumps" in the back of their throats. Most commonly these bumps are lymphoid tissue that forms "clumps" on the back of the throat. They are completely normal. If you are having pain or other significant symptoms then there may be infections or some other issue. But in general bumps are nothing to worry about.