how long does it take to heal stomach ulcer?

Dr. Mohammed Shafi
Gastroenterology 36 years experience
Gastric ulcer: It usually takes 6-8 weeks for ulcers to heal with therapy.

Should I be concerned about belly pain and bleeding at two months?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Yes: Bleeding in the first trimester suggests possible miscarriage. It can also be due to other causes. Cramping and bleeding together are worrisome. In all cases it is best for women to contact their OB providers for an evaluation and diagnosis.

Does my hiatal hernia increases my chances of dangerous bacterial infections?

Dr. Carlo Contreras
Very indirectly.: Hiatal hernia can cause you to have frequent acid reflux. Frequent acid reflux can back up into the lungs sometimes and put you at risk for developing certain kinds of bacterial and viral infections. So the answer is, hiatal hernia can *indirectly* increase your risk of dangerous bacterial infections.

Are upset stomach and constipation normal after starting to use iron supplements?

Dr. Jeffrey Crespin
Gastroenterology 28 years experience
Yes: Iron frequently leads to upset stomach and constipation. Although iron can be dosed up to 3 x per day. Most patients cannot tolerate that often due to the abdominal pain that it causes. Sometimes adding vitamin C helps with iron absorption.

My baby cries whenever I put her to sleep on her tummy, they say I have to do that 4 her lungs to be strong?

Who told you that ?: The american academy of pediatrics & many other advisory groups have promoted sleeping on a babies back since the early 90's. Since that time we have seen a 40-50% drop in crib death over that period. I know of no one that advises belly sleeping for any reason, although if baby rolls into that position after 6m i don't try to change it. Tummy time while awake can help build upper body strength.
Columbus, OH

How long does it typically take for a medium size stomach ulcer to heal?

Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Depends on cause: One cause of gastric ulcer is an infection with H.pylori, and in that situation, both antibiotics, PPI's and often Bismuth are given and Rx is recommended for at least 8 weeks. Ulcers often tend to recur unless the original cause is identified, which can include aspirin like drugs, alcohol, steroids, acidic foods, delayed stomach emptying, & poss. stress. If persistent, biopsy for tumor or ZE synd.