Top answers from doctors based on your search:

rapid strep test vs throat culture

32 years experience in Pediatrics

Dr. Joel Doyon
35 years experience in Cosmetic Dentistry
See PCP: How long have they been there? Any discomfort? Can you brush the back of your tongue and it goes away? It could be yeast. See pcp for further test.
Dr. John Munshower
29 years experience in Family Medicine
Not 100%: The strept tests (including the rapid testing) are not 100% accurate, so if your symptoms persist, or get worse, let your dr. Know. Best wishes.
45 years experience in Pediatrics
1
Dr. Clarence Grim
56 years experience in Endocrinology
Dr. David Lipkin
51 years experience in Internal Medicine
1
Dr. Julan Crane
24 years experience in Pediatrics
Strep throat: Yes , but you can't get strep on amoxicillin as that is a treatment
1
Dr. Stephen Scholand
22 years experience in Infectious Disease
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
34 years experience in Pediatrics
In some people...: ...Strep throat causes a rash in addition to other symptoms. It is then called scarlet fever. Except for the rash, it is the same disease.
2
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
34 years experience in Medical Oncology
No: I don't see how it could, other than the person doing the swab noticing something suspicious during the procedure.
45 years experience in Pediatrics
1
45 years experience in Pediatrics
1
Dr. Clarence Grim
56 years experience in Endocrinology
Strep Fx: Yes if it is a amoxicillin sensitive strept.
45 years experience in Pediatrics
Dr. Jason Adler
23 years experience in Pediatric Critical Care
2
45 years experience in Pediatrics
45 years experience in Pediatrics
48 years experience in Pathology
Dr. Mazen Kherallah
33 years experience in Infectious Disease
45 years experience in Pediatrics
Dr. Holly Maes
35 years experience in Pediatrics
Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau
23 years experience in Family Medicine
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience in Infectious Disease
Yes: Clindamycin is an excellent back-up antibiotic for strep.
1