U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Pain on sides of tongue

A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
Requires evaluation: There are many possibilities including candidiasis\oral thrush. See an oral surgeon for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
Dr. Robin Santiago
Dentistry 10 years experience
See your dentist!: The floor of the mouth and the sides of the tongue are two of the most common sites for oral cancers to start. Please see your dentist immediately to ... Read More
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
ENT eval: Otolaryngology evaluation may be able to get to the bottom of why this is occurring and answer your question. Take care.
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Drug side effects: Azithromycin has been known to cause a sore tongue which is rare and usually goes away after a few days. If symptoms persist beyond 3 days, see your m... Read More
Dr. Martin Hirsch
50 years experience
Teeth: It is possible to have a tooth infection that does not respond to these antibiotics. The nerves for your lower teeth start back by your ear. Just for... Read More
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Internal Medicine 31 years experience
Need exam: Ulcers, abscess or open lesions can present with such symptoms.
A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Treat the cause: It depends on what is causing your discomfort... Sinus, ear problem, or tooth problem. Each will need to be treated differently. Since you can't be ex... Read More
A 31-year-old male asked:
Dr. Evan Kardon
Internal Medicine 40 years experience
Tongue pain: I’m skeptical that reflux is causing your tongue pain. A consult with an ENT physician might be useful.
A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dentistry - Cosmetic 36 years experience
See an oral surgeon: That is quite unusual. I would say seeing an oral surgeon is best. I do not think surgery is needed. However, I do think an oral surgeon sees more ... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Matthew Solhjem
Radiation Oncology 22 years experience
Probably nothing.: Lumps that get bigger and then smaller are usually enlarged lymph nodes responding to infection or inflammation. I wonder if you have some sort of in... Read More
A 49-year-old male asked:
Dr. Frances Dyro
Neurology 55 years experience
Trigeminal : Trigeminal neuralgia is usually evaluated and diagnoses by neurologists or primary care doctors. There is medication available for the pain and also r... Read More
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Cracked Tooth: I think you may have diagnosed your issue... that cracked tooth. If it has decay and/or the crack is deep you will experience those symptoms.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership