U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Itchy rash after taking prednisone

A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 22 years experience
It is possible.: Any medication can cause a rash if you are allergic to it. Consult with your doctor.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A member asked:
Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 10 years experience
See below: Rash on the side of the operation that appears after 3-5 days, does not expand in regard to affected area and is primarily itchy is consistent with co... Read More
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
Need more details: Probably best will be a potent prescription cortisone such as clobetasol rubbed in twice a day. See a dermatologist.
A 42-year-old female asked:
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
Revisit your doctor: meanwhile, OTC antihistamines, read the labels carefully, if difficulty in breathing is really bothersome, go to urgent care or ER, best wishes
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. Adham Hegazy
Specializes in Pediatrics
Yes , it is possible: Although It is not common to get an allergic rash as a reaction to the body wash, but it is possible. She should be checked by her pediatrician to be ... Read More
A 27-year-old male asked:
Dr. Bradford Romans
A Verified Doctoranswered
Internal Medicine 37 years experience
A common rash in : the skin folds of the inner thigh is jock itch.This can be treated with over the counter anti-fungal medicine.
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
See dermatologist: If this happens when you are in the countryside , you are likely allergic to something outdoors or even to the sun. I would suggest that you consult ... Read More
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Leslie Leighton
Internal Medicine 43 years experience
See doctor for eval: The rash needs to be evaluated. Need to see your primary care physician or a dermatologist who will need to do careful history and Physical exam.
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Allergy and Immunology 34 years experience
Rashes: Most allergic rashes are itchy however, not all itchy rashes are allergic. A good example is scabies that is cause by an arthroppod (insect) that tunn... Read More
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
Need to be seen: start with your doctor, who may refer you to a dermatologist, it could very well be a fungal infection. Kindly don't use a strong steroid, prescriptio... Read More
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Douglas Mund
Rheumatology 46 years experience
Many possibilities: Your question is too vague to answer in detail. An itchy rash can be due to many things most likely allergic but could be from any number of medical c... Read More