Top answers from doctors based on your search:

is l theanine effective for anxiety

Dr. Donald Jacobson
39 years experience in Psychiatry
1

24 years experience in Psychiatry
1
Dr. David Rosenfeld
26 years experience in Pain Management
1
Dr. Oscar Novick
57 years experience in Pediatrics
Dosage: You may take 200-250 mg per dose or in your case upto 500 mg per day.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
41 years experience in Psychiatry
6
Dr. Glen Elliott
42 years experience in Child Psychiatry
Dr. Marvin Miller
47 years experience in Psychiatry
Possibly: Hydroxyzine is modestly helpful for anxiety. However one of the ssri meds (liek zoloft (sertraline) or lexapro) has more longterm benefit and safety.
1
24 years experience in Psychiatry
Dr. Erin Brennan
8 years experience in General Practice
6
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali answered
31 years experience in Psychiatry
24 years experience in Psychiatry
6
Dr. William Patterson
48 years experience in Psychiatry
Cymbalta (duloxetine) can calm: Cymbalta (duloxetine) is fda approved for the treatment of anxiety in adults and in my experience it is quite effective.
7
Dr. David Schleimer
37 years experience in Orthodontics
1
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali answered
31 years experience in Psychiatry
Rhodiola: This is an Herb to boost energy. Also called Roseroot. There is no evidence that it helps depression.
1
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali answered
31 years experience in Psychiatry
Anxiety: Valerian is good supplement, but not as potent as klonopin (clonazepam).
Dr. Peter Forster
35 years experience in Psychiatry
5
Dr. Alan Koenigsberg
41 years experience in Psychiatry
1
Dr. Douglas Laipple
43 years experience in Psychiatry
Safe, yes: Helpful? Probably not.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
41 years experience in Psychiatry
Dr. Evan Altman
18 years experience in Psychiatry
1
Dr. Marthalee Walden
31 years experience in Psychiatry
Usually : Risperdal can help with anxiety. However, it is not a benign medication. It must only be used with doctor supervision.
2
2 comments
2
Dr. Randy Baker
39 years experience in Holistic Medicine
3
3 comments
2
Dr. Lynne Weixel
35 years experience in Clinical Psychology
1
Dr. John Hsiao
39 years experience in Psychiatry
3