Top answers from doctors based on your search:

fungal infection between my pinky toe

A 23-year-old male asked:
Dr. Sanjay Patel
31 years experience Podiatry
Cut under pinky toe: if the econozole cream not helping then use topical antibiotic ointment with band aid and see podiatrist.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Christopher Crosby
15 years experience Dermatology
Antifungal Cream: Over the counter antifungal creams, powders, and sprays are very effective for athlete's foot. Recurrences are common. For people with sweaty feet, i ... Read More
6 thanks
A 55-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ziad Akl
Dr. Ziad Akl answered
30 years experience Infectious Disease
Local creams: There are many over-the-counter creams that are effective for fungal infection between the toes. Alternatively, you can take one dose of Fluconazole b ... Read More
A 31-year-old male asked:
Dr. Robert Conenello
30 years experience Sports Medicine
OTC creams at first: You can try many of the over the counter anti fungal creams available. If after a few weeks there is no improvement, then see your doctor to make sur ... Read More
3 thanks
A 64-year-old female asked:
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
37 years experience Internal Medicine
Nail fungus: You can try topicals like PenLac (ciclopirox) which you have to use daily for 3 months or oral Lamisol 250 a day again for 6- 12 weeks but you have t ... Read More
1 thank
A 69-year-old female asked:
Dr. Karen Dantin
36 years experience Family Medicine
?: Did you recieve treatment and counseling on how to prevent future issues? Would do as doc suggests.
1 comment
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
28 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Fungal infection: If tested positive for fungus by dermatologist, it needs to be treated with oral antifungals for several weeks to clear.
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Feola
30 years experience Internal Medicine
R/O ONYCHOMYCOSIS: You need to be examined. You mat have a fungal nail and skin infection( Tinea Pedis). You can be treated with topical meds and oral if you fail topica ... Read More
1 thank
A 50-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
Fungus, friction: Amongst 2 possibilities.
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gary Campbell
49 years experience General Practice
Yes: Probably an ingrown nail due to wearing ill fitting shoes. Needs to be treated with soaks with Epsom salts and wearing properly fitting shoes that do ... Read More
2 thanks
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Nerve damage: The nerve leading to that part of the body is the peripheral branch of the medial cutaneous nerve. Just where the nerve was damaged I do not know but ... Read More
1 thank
A 58-year-old female asked:
Dr. Katharine Cox
44 years experience Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Trauma/infection: As the blister is spreading and is painful, the main concern is infection. Have it seen.. It may be the result of some trauma. All the best.
A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
Possible: Fracture? Swelling?
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Robert Ryan
49 years experience Dentistry
See below: A combination of Vicks vapo rub with a couple of drops of liquid chlorine bleach mixed in (three drops in a teaspoon of vaporub) can help treat toenai ... Read More
A 41-year-old female asked:
Dr. Glynis Ablon
28 years experience Dermatology
Often with ingrown: toenails the side of the nail needs to be removed and the nail matrix destroyed to allow a nail to grow out normally (if topical medication and cotton ... Read More
A 48-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ronald Oberman
30 years experience Podiatry
See Podiatrist: For proper treatment. If very simple cases the nail can be cut to remove ingrown piece of nail by yourself. If any doubt, get it treated professionall ... Read More
A 52-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Hick
12 years experience Dermatology
Antifunglas: See your physician to get a prescription antifungal medication and topical nail treatment. You can start with otc products such as Lamisil (terbinafin ... Read More
1 thank
A 48-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
18 years experience Dermatology
Have it checked: What you describe is a condition known as onychocryptosis or ingrown toenail. The symptoms can vary from very mild to severe depending on how long it ... Read More
1 thank
A 68-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
I assume the : Blister was drained? So, the question is is there raw skin that is hurting? Is it possible you developed an infection? Is there a bandage in or did yo ... Read More
A 43-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
35 years experience Podiatry
Infection: Was the nail edge just cut out, or was it also cauterized to prevent regrowth? The latter can be red and drain for several weeks. The alternative is i ... Read More
2 thanks
A 49-year-old member asked:
Dr. Payam Rafat
21 years experience Podiatry
Can vary: It may or may not infect your hand. Time needed to develop an infection may vary on a variety of factors. Have it evaluated and don't wait for it to ... Read More
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Olga Nilova
Specializes in Pediatrics
Remove : You need to remove the cat's nail from under your skin and possibly get an antibiotic for infection.
2 thanks
A 38-year-old male asked:
Dr. Tracy Berg
31 years experience General Surgery
Several possibilites: Broken toe bone, dislocated toe bone/joint, gout, bruising are all possible. With his young age, watch closely and if not getting better in a few days ... Read More
1 thank
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
Yes but : Generally by the nail?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits