Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Edges of my retainer are a bit sharp Can I file them

Dr. Peter Karsant
Dentistry 40 years experience
Try: A finger nail file on the offending area of the retainer and remember less is more so take your time filing.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Orthodontics 29 years experience
See orthodontist: They can trim your plastic (AKA essix) retainer to be more comfortable.

Dr. Robert Ryan
Dentistry 51 years experience
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 42 years experience
Dr. Hasan Othman
20 years experience
Possibly yes: If the movement is minimal and your dentist offers this service, he/she can make you a new retainer (aligner) to correct the problem. Good luck.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Your issues should be addressed to your treating dentist/orthodontist. Not much we can do on this free forum.
Dr. Toshi Hart
Dentistry 30 years experience
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Dr. Kenneth Zipkin
Dentistry 49 years experience
Please don't: Your orthodontist provided the retainer. The dr.Knows what to do and should be doing it.
Dr. Diane Minich
See orthodonist: Use dental wax to help until you can see our orthodontist or dentist.
Dr. Gary Chapman
Dentistry - Orthodontics 36 years experience
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Dr. Harold Fields
Smoking: smoking is unhealthy at anytime and I would suggest that you speak your dentist and he would probably tell you that it's not a good idea
Dr. Justin Nelson
Pediatric Dentistry 17 years experience
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience