U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Do i need to see a doctor for blocked ear

A 37-year-old male asked:
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 51 years experience
Visit ENT Doctor: Tinitis/Ringing in the ear is a disturbing ailments which requires complete Ear Nose Throat(ENT) examination by an ENT specialist. Avoid taking aspiri... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 59 years experience
Occluded ear drum: It is possible that wax is occluding your ear drum and you have an ear infection behind the occlusion.
Dr. Mark Loury
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 40 years experience
Not sure: Ear wax can make the ear feel blocked but not fatigue. Was it removed to see if it felt better and if there was another possible cause for the blocke... Read More
Dr. William Culviner
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 31 years experience
Wax or other issues: If you had a viral syndrome(cold), last week, it is possible that your eustachian tube has swollen causing a sense of pressure or congestion in your... Read More
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Finkelstein
Internal Medicine 38 years experience
Probably: eustachian tube dysfunction use a decongestant for a few days and see if it helps
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
It might: Since we don't know if you do have TMJ dysfunction, the guard may or may not help. Fit will not be great, and that sometimes can make things worse. Yo... Read More
A 62-year-old female asked:
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
TMJ: See Dentist that does a TMJ care. Ask your General Dentist for referral. As physicians and ENT specialists have ruled out infection, a TMJ joint spe... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Ronald Ward
Specializes in Head and Neck Surgery
Pain: Appears to muscle tension/spasm disorder. See physical medicine specialist. Take ibuprofen.
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 53 years experience
General physician: Start with your family doctor or a satellite short term clinic. They can probably manage this but if not they will refer you to an ENT specialist.
A female asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Cerumen: Impacted cerumen(ear wax) prevents the examiner from visual zing the ear drum. An otolaryngologist is best consulted who will remove the cerumen by as... Read More
A 40-year-old female asked:
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 60 years experience
Most GP's: can irrigate your ears and remove accumulated WAX (Cerumen) which is the most common reason for ythe "blocked ear" feeling. If the ears are CLEAN a v... Read More