U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Difference between eczema and scabies

A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Scott Dyer
Allergy and Immunology 20 years experience
By where the rash is: Most eczema occurs on the face, inner elbows, behind the knees, on the wrists, hands, and ankles. It is usually dry, red, itchy. Scabies tends to oc... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Vlada Groysman
Dermatology 15 years experience
Similar symptoms: Scabies occur usually on wrists, between fingers, groin, axilla, buttocks and neck. Eczema usually occurs on backs of knees, flexural folds, hands and... Read More
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 46 years experience
Location/appearance: The dyshidrotic eczema is typically found on palms of hands, front of fingers or bottom of feet, scabies on the trunk and backside of hands & fing... Read More
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Pediatrics 41 years experience
Scabies/eczema dif.: It is hard at tiems to tell the difference as they are both so itchy and the child will excoriate the skin by scratching so didfficult to see the burr... Read More
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Tanya Russo
Pediatrics 25 years experience
Scabicide & dry: Scabies treatments often contain a high percentage of alcohol which can be very drying to the skin. Hypoallergenic soaps/lotions which are pH balance... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Ein
Infectious Disease 48 years experience
Yes: There is a high likelyhood that household contacts of a scabies case will also get scabies. They all need to be treated. Eczema is not contagious.
A 50-year-old female asked:
Dr. Richard Roberts
Pediatrics 46 years experience
You were answered: why are you reposting? You're told this isn't scabies because it has lasted too long and you need to see a dermatologist. Reposting won't help.
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jason Siefferman
Pain Management 14 years experience
Derm: See a dermatologist. This could be anything from laundry detergent to a food allergy, or even anxiety.
A 21-year-old male asked:
Dr. Kristin Sokol
Allergy and Immunology 12 years experience
Difficult to tell: This is very difficult to determine without a photo or a visit to a live doctor. Usually if scabies is recurrent, the doctor should perform a scraping... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Kathy Robinson
Family Medicine 32 years experience
Free clinic: Call your local health department and see if they can help you find a free clinic or community health center. They may be able to see you at little or... Read More