How long does it take testosterone replacement therapy for hypogonadism?

Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Depends

Testosterone replacement is done in many different forms for men and at different starting points.
How quickly a man will feel a difference depends on the type of replacement used and his baseline. In general most men feel a difference within 4-8 weeks. If you do not, you need your levels checked anyways at 3months but do it sooner to adjust your medication.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: It depends

I assume you're asking how long once you start t replacement before you start feeling better. If that is indeed your question, then it depends, mainly upon how poorly you felt and how much you're getting in replacement.
The greater the difference, the shorter the amount of time for you to feel better. Think in terms of how much gas you put in your car. It depends upon how empty is your tank.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Of course, you don't want to take too much testosterone b/c then you may suffer from side effects. That's why it's important to start at a reasonable amount and get close follow up, both subjectively & objectively, although my goal is for your clinical response, not necessarily a specific numeric value.
Dr. Jack Hinkle