A member asked:

What treatment would i get for opioid induced low testosterone / hypogonadism? 34 - male - canada

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae answered

Specializes in Pain Management

Opioid induced supression of testosterone is common. You will need to be placed on a testosterone supplement (like androgel, testoplex, fortesta). Your levels will have to be checked again in about 3-4 months.

Answered Mar 26, 2013


Dr. Shira Miller answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Hcg or Clomiphene citrate may work. And wean off opiates.

Answered Jun 24, 2014



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor