U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old male asked:

I have a pea sized lump on my left testicle my dad has one too he's 53 and seems fine. my doctor looked at it said i'm fine but is this normal?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Krick
Urology 37 years experience
Testis : Any lump on the testicle itself should be evaluated by a urologist. On the other hand, lumps above the testis, arising from the epididymis, are very common and are simple cysts. Get an exam to be certain. You are within the age group for testiicular cancer.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.