A member asked:

I have mild phimosis, i can retract the foreskin when flaccid but not when erect. i was going to visit the gp for a diagnosis but due to the nature of my condition will i have to show the doctor my erect penis for a full diagnosis?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Birendra Tandan answered

Specializes in Urology

For this complaint it is better to see a Urologist and you dont have to have an erection to be believed. Some times gentlypulling back the foreskin all the way back using cortisone cream then pulling it back over the head over several weeks will stretch it. Pl make sure not to leave it back but all the way forward when finished. Other solution- circumcosion by a Urologist. Good luck

Answered 7/22/2023



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question