A member asked:

Doctors think i have endometriosis. missed periods, sharp pain during period, severe cramps. wary of birth control. other options besides bc or iud?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Malcolm Mackenzie answered

Specializes in Gynecology

Hormones or surgery: Endometriosis is a condition where the cells that line the inside of the uterus are in the wrong place such as on pelvic surfaces; every month these areas menstruate and this causes pain. Endometriosis is stimulated by estrogen so turning off your own estrogen will temporarily help: pills or hormone shots etc. The only way however to really get rid of it is to remove it laparoscopically.

Answered 7/19/2013



Related Questions