U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 59-year-old male asked:

I have a communicating hydrocele and a small inguinal hernia. my rt testicle periodically fills with fluid. do i just have to live with this?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Kenneth Licker
Urology 50 years experience
Hydrocele repair: The short answer is no, you don't have to live with it. A surgical closure of the communication through a small inguinal inguinal incision can allow for repair of any small hernia that often is associated with a communicating hydrocele and repair of the hydrocele. If it is small, and you are not bothered too much by it, you can leave it alone for now.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 3, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.