U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 22-year-old member asked:

21 yo male. for a few years i frequently get flushed skin. when hot, stressed, eating a big meal, sex, my chest gets blotchy red and hot. its especially bad after exercise sex or drinking. is this a blood pressure problem? not overweight

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Flushing: The blood vessels on the surface of the skin can widen and produce the flush. Please see your doctor. Some people are more prone to this than others. A dermatologist or nutritionist may be helpful after seeing your primary care doctor. Peace and good health.
Last updated Dec 9, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.