A member asked:

I had gonorrhea that turned into pid. i have a feeling my tubes are damaged. can i go through ivf to have my last child? i've had 2 children before.

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Michael Hulse answered

Specializes in Gynecology

Yes: I would recommend a complete fertility evaluation to see if you actually need to use IVF or not. If you have tubal damage or any other fertility issue then I would recommend seeing a fertility specialist. A hysterosalpingogram is a study where dye is injected into the uterus and out through the tube and X rays are taken to see if the tubes are still open.

Answered 3/30/2016


Dr. James Ferguson answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Reasonable thought: Tube damage is possible and might lead to a dangerous tubal pregnancy if they were not blocked by scarring.You can have the tubes assessed by a fertility doc and see what they recommend. If they think they are healthy, a normal pregnancy may be possible. If not, they can provide you with the info on IVF, which is costly and seldom covered by insurers.

Answered 4/23/2016



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor