U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 19-year-old male asked:

Got a tiny lump under pubic hairs it feels a bit like bubble wrap i guess ithink i pop it because it feels flat but still feels wierd. std?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lori Mcneal
Obstetrics and Gynecology 35 years experience
Sebaceous cyst: The lump most likely is an infected hair follicle. Herpes looks like a blister but would be very painful. I would suggest not popping it and apply warm heat packs to the area. If it does not resolve in a few days or you are concerned about STD's, see your gyn.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. James Lin
A Verified Doctoranswered
Urology 52 years experience
Here are some...: Without a direct look at, it's hard to give accurate Dx. But based on what you described, my best guess is toward to say you may have hair follicle-related hyperactive sebaceous gland or simply a small sebaceous cyst. The best thing to do for such is leave it alone. If needed, seek medical attention timely for counseling and timely care.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.