A member asked:

I want to have vasectomy done ?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Dean Giannone answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Ok.: Urologists perform that procedure. Just make sure your baby-making days are really over, as it's not predictably reversible.

Answered 1/14/2015


Dr. Brian Nguyen answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

Call Urologist: Vasectomy is safer, cheaper, and more effective than a woman getting her tubes blocked/tied. It will not affect a man's sex drive or ability to ejaculate b/c that's dependent on the prostate/seminal vesicles that aren't affected. It's irreversible; ppl who try have limited success. It takes 3 months to make sure the vasectomy worked and is not 100%, but very very close. No needles/scalpels needed!

Answered 5/26/2015



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question