U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 56-year-old female asked:

Had rectocele repair with vag hysterectomy but have the same symptoms as before including bulge in vagina and needing to "splint". can anything else be done? surgeon says he's fixed problem

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Mark Pack
General Surgery 32 years experience
Hard to say: You need evaluated. You always have the right to a second opinion from another doctor.
Dr. Michael Hulse
Gynecology 28 years experience
Second opinion: If you have symptoms of a bulge and require splinting to have a bowel movement then you may have a recurrent rectocele. It cannot hurt to get a second opinion about this problem. Any type of repair can fail. If your rectocele has returned it can be repaired again. Your doctor can help determine the best treatment.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 18, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.