U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 45-year-old female asked:

I've had a bladder sling and hysterectomy 8 years ago. now i think i have a vaginal vault prolapse with a rectocelewhat can be done?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Anthony Gingo
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Prolapse: Prolapse can be relieved by the use of a pessary on occasion or by surgical correction. The most common procedure is the sacrospinous fixation. The best thing for you to do is see a Gyn for further evaluation. With vault prolapse it is often best to seek out a Gyn that specializes in surgery or robotics, although most generalists can help. Hope this helps. DrG
Dr. Robert Harris
Urogynecology 32 years experience
Treatments available: It's not uncommon for a women to have one type of pelvic floor surgery and then have another similar problem. 20-40% of women who have one surgery for these issues end up with another during a lifetime. See an experienced Urogynecologist for an evaluation.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 22, 2020
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.