How so i get out of a bad marriage, i got married on the rebound of a divorce. now i'm miserable, what should i do?

17 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Please don't look to: On-line doctors who dispense medical information to make this important life decision for you. Encourage you to look into counseling to help you work through this & determine what is in your best interest. Take care.

Answered 4/21/2015

4.9k views

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

Marriage: Consult a mental health professional who can help you work through this very difficult time in your life. You need support, guidance and empathy to taket the necessary steps. My best.

Answered 11/28/2017

4.8k views

Dr. Barbara Lavi answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

Consider talking to: a psychologist and figure out what to do about your marriage. If you don't sort out what went wrong in your first marriage and now, you will keep making similar mistakes.

Answered 5/14/2016

2.8k views

Dr. Steven Hanley answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

Unhealthy patterns: People often repeat patterns in relationships. In the long run it is usually best to understand what is fueling the pattern so you can address it and make me healthy relationship decisions in the future. While marriage therapy might be helpful, it is my experience that individual therapy can be a good place to start as well.

Answered 10/23/2017

1.7k views

Dr. Andrew Berry answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

Therapy?: Have you yet tried any form of psychotherapy? Typically, the optimal combination of things to treat emotional issues such as anxiety or depression is medication (which, on your best day, is supposed to take the edge off symptoms) but the real gruntwork takes place in psychotherapist's consulting room.

Answered 2/20/2016

1.7k views