Wilkes Barre, PA

will i be in an actual cast for navicular bone surgery? just wondering so i know what to expect! thanks!

Dr. Jeffrey Kahn
Podiatry 44 years experience
Yes: A cast is often necessary for a period of time.

Is a catheter needed for gallbladder surgery?

Dr. Ben Ferguson
Dr. Ben Fergusonanswered
General Surgery 10 years experience
It depends: Whether a urinary catheter is needed depends on the length of the operation as well as surgeon preference. Sometimes a catheter is placed for the operation only and removed before a patient wakes up from anesthesia. If the operation is uncomplicated and only involves taking out the gallbladder, then this is usually short enough to not need a catheter.

Is catheter angiography necessary before bypass surgery for someone with CAD ?

Dr. Thomas Birdas
Thoracic Surgery 26 years experience
Yes: It is like a roadmap to decide which vessels to bypass.

If I have incontinence due to prostate surgery how should I measure the extent for my doctor?

Dr. Simon Kimm
Urology 16 years experience
A few ways...: Quantifying leakage is valuable to the urologist seeking to manage incontinence, but it is difficult to do. Some provide the doctor with a 'pad count', or simply the number of pads used per day. A more accurate way is by pad weight. To do this, place used pads in a plastic bag (i.e. Ziploc) & weigh it. Then subtract the weight of the bag and the same number of dry pads. Add up the weights daily.

I have had surgeries for endometriosis and I really want to get pregrant am 42 what can I do.?

Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine 29 years experience
RE ASAP: See a reproductive endocrinologist as soon as you can: all else notwithstanding, if you are 42 years old you don't have time to waste. See a specialist; you may not need aggressive treatment but you can't afford the luxury of trial and error that younger women often have. Best of luck!
Wilkes Barre, PA

Will I have to wear an actual cast for navicular bone surgery? Just wondering so i know what to expect! thanks!

Dr. Gary Kugler
Podiatry 31 years experience
Probably: There is a major tendon that inserts into the navicular and surgery may initially weaken that attachment. Immobilization in a cast may be necessary for proper healing. This should be the surgeon's decision and judgement.