is there a cold medicine that i can take at 24 weeks pregnant maybe tylonel based?

Dr. James Connolly
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 21 years experience
Cold therapy: Remember that there is no cure for the cold other than to comfort the symptoms. So if you have nasal congestion use Hypertonic Saline rinse, cool humidifier to help vasoconstriction in the nose. Also, vapor rubs can be helpful. If it is a sore throat otc cough drop or my favorite warm non-caffeinated tea with honey and lemon. Remember zinc and vitamin c can help in decreasing viral load @ onset.
Dr. Alan Patterson
please ask your OB, but I allow my pts to take meds to help the symptoms as the cold is a virus and will beed to resolve on its own, I allow my pts to use Tylenol no more than 6 reg in 1 day, Robitussin plain, ,, plain Claritin extra Vit C and throat lozenges , if u start coughing up anything other than clear mucus you MAY? need an antibiotic cause sometimes it can turn in a bronchitis or sinus
Sep 26, 2013