India

Had 2 fibroids(5*6 submucos, intramural).i lost my pregnancy at 22 wks.doctor told miscrg may due to firoids. is it true? no other abnormalities noted.

Dr. Lee Ann Roberts
Gynecology 42 years experience
It is possible: Uterine fibroids (myomata) that are located submucous (just next to the uterine lining) are more likely to be the cause of pregnancy loss than those located deeper inside the uterine wall (intramural). You can discuss with your gyn or an infertility specialist what your options are for removal (myomectomy).
Dr. Collin Smikle
Obstetrics & Gynecology 37 years experience
Fibroids: If your fibroid was submucosal and near the area where the placenta implanted, it could be the cause. Still, if you made it to 23 weeks, you may have had other reasons for the loss that need to be evaluated. I would make sure there are no other reasons before surgery. If all is well, a myomectomy before trying again would reduce the risk of miscarrying again..
Last updated May 12, 2015