Austin, NV

i started prednisone yesterday because of a lung and sinus infection i can't get rid of. but now my legs and arms are very achy is there any relation?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Prednisone?: Cannot imagine a sinus and lung infection which would require steroids absent other therapy. If you have an autoimmune condition this needs lengthy discussion with the doctor treating you. Steroids can produce muscle damage (myopathy), but without seeing and examining you with full access to records cannot comment. Good luck, .
Dr. Cassandra Deperalta
Specializes in Pharmacology
Antibiotic allergy?: I have seen prednisone used to open up the airways and help to breath easier, but it is not known to cause pain. I have seen patients that have joint and muscle pain due to a reaction to antibiotics. Were you prescribed anything else to treat the infection? Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) DS? Levaquin?